The Country House and our family’s favorite canine, Riley, are pleased to welcome discriminating dogs and their owners.
Check out Riley’s Recommendations for some of his favorite dog friendly shops, restaurants and parks.
As dog owners and lovers, we know how difficult it is to find accommodations you can share with your dog. Well behaved dogs are now welcome at our resort. (We apologize but we cannot accommodate other types of pets).
We have a limited number of dog friendly rooms & suites. If you wish to make reservations that include your dog, PLEASE CALL THE RESORT do not make your reservation online.
Dog friendly accommodations include: (additional $20 per dog, per night)
One Queen Water View
Two Queen Water View
King Water View
Specialty Room Water View
First Floor Water View Suite
Dog Friendly Amenities:
- In room food and water dishes and dog beds
- Dog basket at check-in including dogs towels, furniture cover sheets, coupons and information from local dog friendly businesses and an all natural welcome treat.
- 1100 feet of private shoreline
- Unfenced green area directly across the road from the main resort entrance
- Nature trails to and along the shoreline
- Picnic tables and benches throughout the property
- Outside dog wash area
Please familiarize yourself with our Resort Dog Policies and Agreement. You will be required to sign this document at check-in. For the safety and comfort of all our guests, both dogs and people, these policies will be strictly enforced.
- Gibralter Grill, Fish Creek -Pet friendly outdoor dining. Fresh water and complimentary dog treat.
- Harbor Fish Market & Grill, Bailey’s Harbor – Dog friendly outside patio on the Lake Michigan side features a special menu for their canine customers
- AC Tap, Sister Bay – a classic Wisconsin tavern and local favorite features a covered dog friendly porch for dining rain or shine. Southeast of Sister Bay on Hwy 57.
- Mink River Basin, Ellison Bay – Dog friendly outside patio
- Mission Grille, Sister Bay – Lunch & Dinner fine dining on their Dog Friendly Patio
- Not Licked Yet, Fish Creek – Burgers, frozen custard and a special “Canine Custard Cone”
- Peninsula State Park, Fish Creek – Dogs are welcome on most trails but not permitted in picnic areas or beaches.
- Newport State Park, Ellison Bay – Dogs are welcome on most trails but not permitted in picnic areas or beaches but this park does have an area of sandy shoreline that allows dogs.
- White Fish Dunes State Park, Sturgeon Bay – This is the most pet friendly State park in Door County allowing dogs on areas of the beach.
- Sister Bay Dog Park – Adjacent to the sports complex on Autumn Court this is a 200′x300′ fenced dog park with picnic tables
- All county owned parks in Door County allow dogs on leash. Map & Locations
- Hide Side Corner Store, Fish Creek – Open daily year-round. Leashed or carried dogs welcome
- Hudson Road Trading Company, Sister Bay – Handmade jewelry, art and craft items. Water and treats available.
- Pet Expressions has two locations, Ephraim and Sturgeon Bay
- Sister Bay Trading Company – A furniture and design studio within walking distance of the resort features many charming home accessories. Dogs carried or on a leash are welcome to browse the store with their owners.
- Stove Dog Bakery, Sturgeon Bay – This bakery provides our all natural welcome treats.
- Summer Stad, Egg harbor – T-shirts and casual wear. Side spigot with fresh water on tap.
- Additional resources for pet friendly establishments in Door County. Pet Friendly Door County