Nestled on 27 secluded, wooded acres on a rolling bluff with 1,100 feet of Green Bay shoreline, we cater to adults and provide privacy to those who savor it. The Country House’s subdued framed cedar exterior, accented with native stone, boasts covered private verandas which give guests a sweeping view of the Green Bay waters and the resort’s fountains and gardens.
The House Today
The Country House Resort is proudly owned and operated by the Zaug family, providing outstanding customer service, warm hospitality and attention to detail.
Sixty percent of our guests are repeat visitors or have been referred by our loyal guests. We invite you to visit and become part of our Country House family.
Our staff relies on years of hospitality and customer service experience to ensure your stay with us meets and exceeds your expectations.
In 1907 Dr. Sebald Fichtner opened “Forest Idyll” on the former Ingebret Torgerson farm, the first homestead in Sister Bay. He felt it had the potential to become a grand hotel, and if he were alive today he would know that his prophecy has come true.
The Country House Resort is a beautiful old building and historic landmark that has become one of Door County’s most outstanding places to stay . In order to retain the charm of a country inn while adding the amenities of an elegant and modern resort, additions, remodeling and refurbishing were continuous throughout the years.
Quiet Season Accommodations
- Our Quiet Season is approximately November through April. We are closed for a few week between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Rooms and suites are available by advance reservation.
- Limited office hours
- Monday through Thursday 9 am to 4 pm
- Friday and Saturday 9 am to 8 pm
- Sunday 10 am to 2 pm
If you will arrive outside of these hours, contact the office for check in instructions.
- Incoming calls are limited to office hours, unless the caller knows the guest’s room number.
Quiet Season Services & Amenities:
- Daily housekeeping
- Free WI-FI in guest rooms and common areas
- In-room coffee service and light breakfast snack
- 27 wooded acres, 1,100 ft. of shoreline, nature trails (access is weather dependent)
- Parking lot with electric outlets for engine heaters
- During office hours the following amenities are available
- Fireplace lounge
- Computer and printer for guest use
- Complimentary coffee
- Board games
- Lending library (borrow or donate a book)